About Animal Emails
This is a side project I (Fred) have been working on with the patient help of some kind and talented friends (Mike and Andy + many more).
The errors are mine(see known bugs below). Please email if something's broken, or just have a suggestion. I'll get to things as soon as I can.
What It Is
An automated process that crawls the interwebs for cute animal pics (inc. gifs) and sends you one every day
Because pictures of cute animals makes our days better and, sometimes, keep someone from stabbing someone else with a mechanical pencil, thus reducing workplace violence. They also make conference calls shorter, and rainbows brighter
A lot of the "development" so far has been driven by the results from this here survey, and you can help. Please fill it out!
- Animal coding - split images out by animal type (for you species-ists out there) and let people adjust the mix
- Someone suggested weeks devoted to a specific animal. I like this, and if other people do too (fill out the survey!) I might do this.
- Add links to source of original image -- this is high priority but also pretty complex.
Make this bad boy responsive
You tell me
- Sometimes the image will just have text in it.
The process is automated so no one is vetting and this will just happen sometimes and suck when it does. Update Nov 5, 2014: I have added process to vet the images for the emails. If the image sucks you can blame me. You can see all the new pics you want on the home page.
- There will probably be duplicates sometimes. I have an idea about how to deal with this, but for now, you might get dupes.
- Animated gifs don't work in Outlook, at least on mobile.